- News & Events
- New Gastroenterology Fellow position
New Gastroenterology Fellow position
By Taranaki District Health Board | Posted: Tuesday December 22, 2020
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth starting February 2021
- Expression of Interest Gastroenterology Fellow
- Fixed Term position for 12 months commencing February 2021
TDHB are seeking a Gastroenterology Fellow for our Gastroenterology/Endoscopy Service
- This is a full-time fixed term position at senior registrar level aimed at consolidating and obtaining new experience in Gastroenterology and Endoscopy, at lease at 6th year postgraduate level.
- Previous endoscopy experience is needed
- We can offer a supportive hospital team committed to delivering best practice
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of an experienced Gastroenterology/Endoscopy team
- Be part of the introduction of the National Bowel Screening Programme to Taranaki
- Ensure that optimum services are delivered with efficient and effective use of resources Provide effective and efficient patient centred care and customer service
- Strive to eliminate health inequalities and achieve health equity for the Taranaki population
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Previous Gastroenterology and Endoscopy experience
- Be able to undertake endoscopy session independently with consultant support
- Understanding of the New Zealand health sector
- Work as integral member of the multi-disciplinary team
- Have an understanding of the health inequalities and show sensitivity to cultural complexity in the workforce and patient population
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Click here for information about living and working in Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,100 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture check out the video on our careers page.
To view the position description see attachment below.
If you are interested in the above position please apply in the first instance to Anna Pears (Anna.Pears@racp.org.nz). If you have any queries about the role please email Dr Zoe Raos (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Kirsty MacFarlane (Kirsty.MacFarlane@middlemore.co.nz) .
Application close 18 January 2021