By RACP | Posted: Monday February 18, 2019
With a focus on Impacting health along the life course, RACP Congress 2019 takes an in-depth look at the range of ways physicians impact patients’ lives, from paediatrics to palliative care; and how a patient’s life course - including their life experiences and social roles - influences their health: bringing the themes of our #MakeItTheNorm campaign to life.
Key topics for 2019 include:
· The key to unlocking optimal health – The life course paradigm
· Obesity: rising to the challenge – how can we help patients to focus on health regardless of weight?
· The first 1000 days – the window of opportunity for long term health
· Ethics session and Indigenous health sessions looking at the current WAI 2575 Inquiry into health services and outcomes for Māori, and what this means for our practice
· The opioid epidemic – Iatrogenesis on a global scale
· Integrated care – the future must be about partnerships