Changes to the NSZG Rules Adopted
In 2023 our President, Professor Catherine Stedman, led a group of past Rangatira to assist in changes to the NZSG Rules. This review was to:
- To remove redundant clauses (e.g cheque banking)
- Amend membership categories, to clarify full and associate membership categories, retired and honorary membership categories.
- Create the role of Educational Lead as an NZSG office bearer
- Allow an additional executive member to be co-opted if required
- Recognise the role of the Executive Officer and allow delegation of tasks to the EO
- Modify the document to be gender neutral
- Ensure the document meets best and practical process.
A copy of the Rules are attached and will be available on the NZSG website under the Practitioner Resource Page as a Society Document.
Professor Stedman noted further changes will be considered once guidance from the Charities Commission is published, as part of an ongoing process towards mandatory re-registration as an incorporated society by 2026.