NZSG IBD working group announces New Zealand specific IBD guidance
The guidelines are currently in an interim format, with an update planned as part of the NZSG website refresh late in 2023. The group would welcome feedback from society members.
Guidance available includes:
- Choice of biologic
- A practical guide to therapeutic drug monitoring
- Preventative care
- Guidance around surgery
- Exclusive enteral nutrition
- Treatment of refractory proctitis
- A quick guide to treat to target including tables
- Overview of future therapies, written for our Pharmac audience
In the near future the group plans further engagement with Pharmac, and are hoping to facilitate an update to IBD colonoscopy surveillance, given the focus on the ECCO guidelines during the symposium.
Feedback can be provided to the group via the NZSG firstname.lastname@example.org Feedback is requested by October 31 please.